A tiny 2D game made with Python and Pygame

In recent years, C# and JavaScript have been the two main languages I use the most at work. With the emergence of artificial intelligence, Python has become almost indispensable. 

Like many developers, I wrote my first Python scripts to use libraries like Langchain or Pandas, which only exist within the Python ecosystem.

I am convinced that learning is much more effective when it's fun. So, what better way to learn a new language than by developing a small game? 

Even a simple game forces you to tackle many aspects of programming: event management, OOP, asynchronous programming, file management (for maps, for example), game logic, memory management, and more. Not to mention graphics and sound.

To spice things up, I decided to do this development on Linux. I started with a Pygame tutorial by Franck Dubois published this summer in the Programmez! Hors Série magazine, issue number 15.

Initially, I just modified the graphics, but soon I wanted to add a few features to make the game more addictive: time bonuses, a monster that tracks you, animations and sounds, a basic map manager...

I called it... "ThE MaZe"

This little tutorial quickly turned into a very addictive small project. I thought it would be nice to share it with you via this GitHub repository:

https://github.com/fkauffmann/themaze

Commentaires