A vertical scroller game with Python and Pygame

I have to admit that I really enjoyed discovering Python and the Pygame library. It's true that I feel a certain nostalgia for the games of my youth, developed in Basic and Assembler on the Commodore and Amstrad CPC.

With this library, I've rediscovered the pleasure I had in the days when everything seemed so much simpler. With, of course, the convenience of modern IDEs and today's programming techniques.

I spend a lot of time on the train. So I have time to programme with my laptop on my lap and my headphones on. The journeys seem infinitely shorter!

This time, I wanted to make a vertical shooter with parallax scrolling and a little retro soundtrack. And as always, pixelated sprites for that retro feel!

You can download the source code from my GitHub repo.

https://github.com/fkauffmann/flying-fortress

And of course, I've stuck to the theme of aviation, which is my great passion alongside computing. I'm taking this opportunity to promote the addon I'm currently finishing for the X-Plane 12 flight simulator: the V-22 Osprey.

If you're interested, this isn't the place to do it...

https://www.facebook.com/aoasimulations





Commentaires